Put a little extra fun and sweetness into Thanksgiving for the kids by helping them craft a cute take-home turkey (or make them ahead of time to pass out as party favors).
Things You'll Need:
- Tulle (white or light gold)
- Festive candies
- Fold-top sandwich baggies
- Small, clear hair elastics
- Googly eyes
- Brown and red or orange pipe cleaners
- Decide whether you would like to provide this as a Thanksgiving Day activity for the little ones or rather as a party favor, in which case you’ll make the craft ahead of time.
- If the goodies you’ve chosen for the craft are not individually wrapped, enclose them in a clear, fold-top sandwich bag.
- Cut tulle into squares (8”x8” or so). Center the snacks on the tulle square, gather ends together and tie with a clear elastic band. The excess tulle has formed a fluffy turkey tail now.
- Make the turkey features with pipe cleaners. Cut two pieces to shape into feet. Turkeys have three toes in the front and one in the back—be as accurate as you wish, or not! For the head, simply shape into a flat spiral and twist on a little beak. Use hot or super glue to attach googly eyes and wait for them to dry. Simply poke pipe cleaners into the tulle and admire your cute, tasty turkey.