Hitting the beach, pool or waterpark is a refreshing way to spend a hot summer day. In all the hustle and bustle, don’t forget to pack the items you’ll want for a more fulfilling trip.
- Pack plenty of inflatable toys, buckets for sandcastles, mini shovels and noodles.
- Make sure to bring folding chairs, blankets and towels for the whole crew.
- Protection from the sun is important. Bring an umbrella or other shade, sunscreen, sunglasses, and lip balm with an appropriate SPF level.
- Sunhats or baseball caps help keep your face and neck from being sunburned; long-sleeved water shirts protect chest, neck, and shoulders. And bring a change of clothes just in case things get wet.
- Stock up on fresh fruits and veggies with high water content. Also pack snacks with electrolytes such as pickles, and cheese with crackers to deliver sodium. Bananas and coconut water are high in potassium, while yogurt and almonds contain calcium. Cucumbers and peanut butter are both magnesium-rich.
- Plenty of clean ice and ice packs in the cooler keep food and drinks cold. Or pack a few frozen water bottles to melt throughout the day.