By: Margaret Chapman, The Plant Philosophy
Back-to-school lunches are here! I’m so excited to be sharing content geared towards vegan kiddos, however adults can have a little fun and make these for themselves too. Really this is perfect for all ages because you can modify each as needed. A little meal prep never hurt anyone.
- Mini Gluten-Free Pizza Bites
- Vegan Gluten-Free Mini Pizzas with a side of Natural Fruit Roll-Ups and an easy to peel Tangerine for balance. For the kid that keeps it real. I made it gluten-free by using my absolute favorite English Muffins from Food For Life Baking Co. You can find them in the gf freezer section. I recommend defrosting first and toasting them before topping with sauce and vegan cheese. Then bake/broil until crispy and melty on top. Feel free to add veggies and/or omit the vegan cheese and replace with a cashew based version.
- Rainbow Rice Paper Salad Rolls with Homemade Peanut Sauce and Simple Truth Banana Chips
- You can make these very quickly and if you wrap them tightly with plastic or parchment, they can stay fresh for a few days. Otherwise they’ll dry out, be sure to keep them wrapped and in an air-tight container. If the texture isn’t your favorite, try baking them and changing the filling for an Asian noodle style combo.
- Vegan Cheese & Hickory Tofurky Crackers Lunchable
- Vegan Cheese, Tofurky & Gluten-Free Crackers with Natural Fruit Roll-Ups and a Tangerine. The second Lunchable combo I’ve veganized and it’s also gluten-free too! Using Daiya Cheddar Cheese Slices and Tofurky Slow-Roasted Hickory, cut into circles with a small cookie cutter. I actually used one that perfectly fit the Simple Truth Gluten-Free Black Pepper Crackers I used to pair with it. You can also make these by using any combo of vegan cheese, mock meat and/or crackers you like best. These just happen to be my favorites and they’re always accessible at my local Kroger grocery store.
- Almond Butter & Chia Jam Banana Wraps
- Wrapped in a Simple Truth tortilla with a generous layer of Simple Truth Almond Butter (no sugar or oil added!), with Homemade Chia Jam, this batch was peach, and a ripe banana. Roll and cut into bite-sized pieces, or cut in half and eat like a wrap. Paired this with a side of Simple Truth Carrot sticks and a mix of raisins and sunflower seeds.