Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
These easy Warm Turkey Sliders made from a frozen turkey breast cooked in the slow cooker or an electric pressure cooker makes for some great game day food!
- 1 frozen turkey breast (I used a 2lb. breast)*
- 1 (16 ounce) package soft rolls
- 6 tablespoons of desired spread (anything from bacon onion jam, cranberry sauce, or mustard)
- 6-12 ounces sliced provolone
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- To cook the turkey breast, use either a slow cooker or an electric pressure cooker.
- If using a slow cooker, follow the directions here.
- If using an electric pressure cooker, add one can chicken broth, one whole yellow onion (peeled and quartered) and two stalks celery (chopped) to the bottom of the electric cooker. Place completely thawed turkey breast on top. Cook on high pressure for 22-30 minutes (for 2-6 pound breast) and allow to release the pressure slowly once done. Insert an instant read thermometer and if it is not yet at 165 degrees F, continue to cook for several more minutes on high pressure.
- Once turkey has finished cooking, slice against the grain to desired thickness.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the rolls in a baking dish and split the rolls with a knife and remove the tops. Cover with spread, turkey, and cheese. Replace the tops of the rolls.
- Melt butter in microwave and add garlic and poppy seeds. Brush mixture on top of rolls.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until heated through.
Additional ingredients required depending on cooking method. See instructions for details.