These ice cream bars are the perfect treat to make on a hot summer day.
Hands-on Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 2 hrs. | Serves: 16 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 (10.75 oz.) pound cake, frozen
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen raspberries
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- ¾ cup white morsels, melted
- Slice pound cake into ½” thick slices.
- Arrange and cut to fit in order to completely cover the bottom of an 8"x 8" x 2" pan
- Using a spatula, spread softened vanilla ice cream evenly to form the first layer on top of pound cake slices.
- Tip: To soften ice cream, remove from freezer and let stand for 10 minutes. Then, mix 2 cups of ice cream with spatula until soft enough to be spread.
- Place raspberries on top of the vanilla ice cream layer pressing them down with the spatula.
- Spread ice cream evenly to form a third layer.
- Freeze 2 hours or overnight. Once frozen, use a warmed knife dipping into hot water and drying the knife, in order to cut into the frozen cake. Cut into fourths (a half per side of the pan), and then cut each fourth in fourths in order to form 16 bars in total. Place bars on plate and lightly drizzle with fork with melted white morsels (place morsels in microwave small bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments mixing with spoon until melted).
- Freeze leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 200, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 105mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates 29g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 16g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.