Enjoy this quick, incredibly easy and delicious dessert…perfect served over ice cream, frozen yogurt, toasted angel food or pound cake slices.
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 3 Tbsp. grated semisweet chocolate
- 4 shortbread cookies, crumbled
- Vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt, toasted angel food cake slices or pound cake slices
- Prepare grill for medium high heat.
- In an 8”-9” deep disposable pan on a hot grill, melt the butter in the pan until bubbly.
- Add the walnuts; cook and stir briefly, just until nuts begin to color.
- Add brown sugar and stir quickly and gently to combine.
- Add strawberries and stir 1-2 minutes until warm. Remove from heat.
- Spoon over ice cream, frozen yogurt or cake slices and sprinkle with grated chocolate and crumbled shortbread cookies, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 270, Calories from Fat 160, Total Fat 19g (29% DV), Saturated Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 35mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 25g (8% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 18g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.