A can of green chilies are all you need to give slow-cooked beef a spicy flavor boost.
- 3 – 4 pound beef roast (boneless)
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 7 oz can of chopped green chilies
- 7 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp of chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of seasoning salt
- 1 Tbsp of dried oregano (or equivalent fresh finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or more)
- Combine all ingredients (except roast and topping suggestions) in blender or food processor and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Use all liquid from chilies and peppers.
- Place roast in crock pot and cover with sauce mixture – be sure to coat the roast evenly on all sides.
- Turn crock pot on low, and let it cook for at least 6 hours.