Created by: Julia Mueller, The Roasted Root
Once you and your friends are ready to eat, simply break out the taco fixings and enjoy! A great recipe if you’re tailgating with non meat-eaters.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 large yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium zucchini squash, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Kroger Olive Oil, separated
- Sea salt
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp. Kroger Ground Cumin
- Pinch sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread the bell pepper and onion over a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1½ tablespoons of olive oil, or enough to coat the veggies. Use your hands to toss the veggies in oil to ensure everything is coated. Sprinkle with salt. Place veggies in the oven and bake until soft and golden-brown, about 20-25 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Spread the yellow squash and zucchini on a separate baking sheet, and repeat the process of coating the veggies with olive oil and sprinkling with sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until veggies are golden-brown and cooked through.
- As the vegetables are roasting, prepare the avocado crema by adding all of the remaining ingredients to a blender and blending until smooth. Taste the crema for flavor and add more sea salt or lime juice to taste.
- Heat the tortillas and load them up with desired amount of roasted vegetables and avocado crema. Serve alongside beans and rice, and enjoy!