Created by: Leigh Ann Hieronymus
Use good-quality Parmesan for a winning risotto. This recipe works well with fresh mushrooms, too!
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 1 can vegetable broth, 29 ounces
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1" lengths
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in rice and 1 cup of the broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add lemon zest; mix well. Cook an additional 15-17 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring frequently and adding additional broth 1/2 cup at a time as necessary (there may be a small amount of broth left). Stir in parmesan cheese. Steam asparagus and add just before serving.