Take rice cereal treats to the next peanut-butter-filled-level with this easy adaptation that’s perfect for parties.
- 1 1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Minis Peanut Butter Cups, divided*
- 3/4 cup REESE'S PIECES Candies, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 40 (10-oz. pkg.) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- Butter 9-inch square pan or 11x7x2-inch pan. Set aside 1/3 cup mini peanut butter cups and 2 Tbsp. candies.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; stir to coat with butter. Microwave on high 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave on high an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until marshmallows are melted when stirred.
- Immediately add cereal, stirring until well coated. Fold in remaining 1 cup mini peanut butter cups and candies. Press mixture evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle reserved peanut butter cups and candies on surface, pressing in lightly. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 16 to 20 bars.
*11 REESE'S Snack Size Peanut Butter Cups or 27 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures may also be used. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups. Cut each snack size cup into 8 equal wedges and set aside 16 wedges for the top. Cut each miniature cup into 4 equal wedges, setting aside 24 wedges for topping. Follow the above directions.