Adding carbonation to pureed frozen fruit provides you with a smoothie with attitude! The bubbles add a refreshing fizz to the beverage.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 55 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Medium
- 2 bananas, peeled, cut in chunks
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 cups chilled 7-Up®
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, and mini marshmallows for garnish, if desired
- Place banana chunks in freezer bag or container, and freeze at least 30 minutes. Place raspberries, sugar and 1 cup of the chilled beverage in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until completely smooth, pushing down with tamper, or stopping machine and scraping sides with rubber scraper.
- Spoon raspberry mixture into 6 glasses or small Mason jars. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place frozen bananas and ¾ cup of the chilled beverage in clean blender container. Cover and blend until completely smooth; spoon over firm raspberry mixture. Place in freezer 10 minutes or until set.
- Place upside down bowl of teaspoon over openings of glasses or jars. Carefully pour chilled beverage over the spoon to fill the glass. Thread blueberries, raspberries and/or mini marshmallows on wooden skewers to garnish.
- Serve with straws, and stir to mix fruit with fizzy beverage.
Per serving: Calories 240, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 25mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 61g (20% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 53g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.