Created by: Margaret Chapman, The Plant Philosophy
Celebrate with this festive Vegan treat!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 18 min.
- 1 can Simple Truth™ Coconut Milk*
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract, optional
*Can substitute for any non-dairy milk in-place of coconut milk.
- 1½ cups strawberries
- 1½ cups blueberries
- ⅛ cup Simple Truth™ Slivered Almonds, crushed
- Pour your coconut milk into a small pot over medium heat.
- Measure and whisk in your cornstarch until dissolved. Add in your sweetener of choice, plus vanilla extract and continue whisking.
- Bring the liquid to a medium simmer, whisking for 4-6 minutes. Once the liquid begins to boil it will instantly thicken up.
- Turn the heat off and remove from the stove once it thickens up, continue whisking to keep it smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover, chilling overnight or at least 4 hours.
- The mixture will firm up even more, to make it the perfect pudding consistency, transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse until light and fluffy. Feel free to add a tablespoon of non-dairy milk if you would like a thinner consistency - adding more will bring it back to an almost liquid.
- Wash and cut your strawberries. Grab two pint-sized mason jars and begin to layer each ingredient.
- Top with an extra dollop of pudding, plus a sprinkle of crushed slivered almonds.
- Serve chilled or seal with a lid and chill for up to 4 days.