Prepared chicken salad cuts down on the prep time for these easy herbed appetizers.
Cook time: 25-30 min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: (X)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups deli chicken salad
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour and thyme; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and beating until smooth after each addition.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded Tbsp.ful about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet away from draft, about 30 minutes.
- Cut off top one-third of each puff and pull out any filaments of soft dough. Fill each puff with 1 rounded Tbsp. chicken salad.