A fresh and sweet twist on the classic grilled ham and cheese sandwich.
Hands-on Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 8 slices of bread
- 12 slices black forest ham
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices fresh pineapple
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Make sandwich by placing 1 piece of cheese, 3 slices of ham, 2 slices of pineapple and 1 slice of cheese on a slice of bread, and topping with the other slice of bread.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a 12” non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When the butter starts to melt, use spatula to spread it over the bottom of the pan.
- Place sandwich on skillet and cook on one side lowering heat to medium. Cook until golden brown on each side and when cheese has completely melted, for about 2-3 minutes per side, turning once.
- Cut each sandwich in diagonally in half. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 450, Calories from Fat 190, Total Fat 21g (32% DV), Saturated Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 900mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates 41g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 14g, Protein 23g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 40%, Iron 15%.