For grilling catfish, you need a nice thick piece of fish. It is important to put a piece of aluminum foil under the fish to keep it together.
Hands-on: 20 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 4 catfish fillets, (6 oz. each)
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. ground English mustard
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon, cut in wedges
- 4 large leaves lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Set the grill to medium-high or wait until the coals are white. Cut pieces of heavy-duty foil to fit each fillet, and brush each fillet with vegetable oil.
- Mix oil, cayenne, ginger, mustard, cinnamon, cloves, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together to make a rub. Spread and press it into the fish.
- Grill over medium-hot coals or gas for 5 minutes. Carefully turn the fish over and cook another 5 minutes, or until the fish just starts to flake. Serve on lettuce with lemon wedges and topped with fresh cilantro.