Fried Brussels sprouts with a bit of zesty orange makes for a craveable delicious dish!
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed, cut in half and very dry
- Kosher salt
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl whisk together honey, orange zest and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Line a plate with a few layers of paper towels; set aside.
- Heat at least 3” of oil to 375°F in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. Fry Brussels sprouts in small batches, 3-4 minutes, until deeply golden brown. Drain on prepared plate; sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Transfer to serving dish and drizzle with honey.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Frying Brussels sprouts in small batches will prevent oil temperature from dropping too much, making the sprouts greasy instead of crispy.
Per serving: Calories 330, Calories from Fat 10, Total Fat 1.5g (2% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 115mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates 76g (25% DV), Dietary Fiber 18g (72% DV), Sugars 45g, Protein 16g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 650%, Calcium 20%, Iron 35%.