Let the kids help arrange fresh veggies to make a festive (and healthy) holiday platter.
Hands-On Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup Kroger sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper, ground
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into short strips
- Other veggies as desired
- Mix all ranch dip ingredients together in a bowl, until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- On a large serving tray, help the kids arrange the broccoli into a large triangle shape, resembling a Christmas tree. Place cauliflower at the base to create “snow.” Decorate the “tree” with tomatoes (“ornaments”), bell pepper pieces (“tinsel”) and other vegetables as desired.
- Serve vegetables with ranch dip. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tip: Try using mini cookie cutters to cut bell pepper into stars or other festive shapes.
Per serving: Calories 80, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 7g (11% DV), Saturated Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 70mg (3% DV), Carbohydrates 4g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (3% DV), Sugars 1g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 100%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.