Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest, and these kebabs are just that!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 8 Kabobs | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1½ lbs.), cut into 1” pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes (about 3 cups)
- 1 red onion cut into quarters and in sections
- 2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut in 1” pieces
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Canola Oil
- 8 – 10” skewers
- Pour ¾ cup BBQ sauce over chicken pieces in large bowl. Turn pieces to evenly coat on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15-30 minutes to marinate.
- On a separate large bowl, pour ¾ cup BBQ sauce over vegetables and stir to evenly coat.
- Prepare kebabs by threading alternating pieces of chicken, red bell pepper, onion and pineapple, and repeating three times per skewer.
- Heat grill to high. Lightly brush grill rack with oil, and place skewers on grill. Cook, using tongs to turn skewers occasionally for about 4 minutes, until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Turn grill to medium heat. Use remaining BBQ sauce to brush the kebabs while grilling. Cover grill and cook for about 15 minutes, or internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F and vegetables are tender. Transfer skewers to a platter and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 260, Calories from Fat 20, Total Fat 2.5g (4% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 940mg (39% DV), Carbohydrates 42g (14% DV), Dietary Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 35g, Protein 18g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 140%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.