Champagne adds a slightly tart sophisticated flavor to strawberry cream cheese parfaits in this special New Year's Eve Dessert.
Hands-on Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Medium
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered and stems removed
- 1¼ cups Champagne, divided
- 8 pecan shortbread cookies, from 11.3 oz. package
- 1 Tbsp. Kroger® Butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 small fresh strawberries with green tops, halved
- In shallow bowl, combine quartered strawberries and 1 cup of the Champagne. Let stand 30 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large resealable plastic food storage bag, crumble cookies. With rolling pin, crush until coarse crumbs form. In medium bowl, mix with butter. Set aside.
- When strawberries are finished marinating, in large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on low speed until mixed; beat on high speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually add whipping cream; beat until thick and creamy. Beat in ¼ cup Champagne. (Filling can be prepared, covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours ahead of time.)
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into pastry bag or gallon re-sealable food storage plastic bag; cut ½" from one corner. Spoon 1 tablespoon of crushed cookies into bottoms of 8 Champagne flutes. Pipe a 1" layer of cream filling over cookies; top each with a layer of strawberries, using about half of the strawberries.
- Repeat cookie, cream filling and strawberry layers once more, reserving enough cream filling for a small dollop on top of each parfait. Top each with a strawberry half. Serve immediately or cover loosely and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Per serving: Calories 340, Calories from Fat 190, Total Fat 21g (32% DV), Saturated Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates 29g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 18g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.