Created by: Nellie Tracy, Butter With a Side of Bread
There’s nothing better than the combination of apples and caramel, so this particular dessert recipe is absolutely fabulous come fall!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter, sliced
- 4-6 thinly sliced and peeled apples
- 1 package (11 oz.) Kraft® Caramel Bits
- 1 cup apple juice, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the cold butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 9” x 13” pan. Layer half of the apples, half of the Kraft® Caramel Bits and 1 cup of the remaining oat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Drizzle ½ cup of apple juice over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Drizzle the remaining ½ cup of apple juice over the top and bake for 20 minutes longer.