Created by: Krissy Allori, Self Proclaimed Foodie
This snack is a lighter swap for any game day celebration that offers those familiar buffalo flavors with a fraction of the calories. I paired my spicy and flavorful buffalo cauliflower bites with a rich and creamy blue cheese dressing as well as some cool, crisp celery sticks that helped mellow the heat from the hot sauce.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup (5 ml. jar) hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heavily grease a baking sheet with butter. Divide cauliflower into bite-sized chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, water, olive oil, garlic powder and salt until well combined. Add cauliflower and gently toss to coat each piece evenly. Transfer coated cauliflower to prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven.
- In large bowl, combine hot sauce and melted butter. Add partially cooked cauliflower and gently toss to evenly coat. Return cauliflower to baking sheet and continue cooking for an additional 20-25 minutes, turning once, until pieces start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with blue cheese dressing and fresh celery sticks.