The best part about this breakfast quinoa is that you can mix and match the fruit and yogurt!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ cup quinoa seeds (uncooked)
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 2 tsp. honey or turbinado sugar
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, any flavor
- ½ cup any fresh fruit
- ¼ cup walnuts or salted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate morsels, shredded coconut, walnuts, almonds or granola (if desired)
- To cook the quinoa: In 1 quart saucepan combine water, ½ cup almond milk, honey and quinoa seeds over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Let cool.
- In large bowl, mix cooked quinoa, 1 cup almond milk, honey, flavored yogurt and fruits of your choice.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator if not serving immediately.
- When serving, top with chocolate morsels, shredded coconut, walnuts, almonds, or granola (if desired).
Per serving: Calories 240, Calories from Fat 90, Total Fat 10g (15% DV), Saturated Fat 2.5g (12% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol < 5mg (1% DV), Sodium 80mg (3% DV), Carbohydrates 31g (10% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 14g, Protein 8g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 25%, Iron 10%.