Moist, flavorful meaty ribs are a summer classic. Choose your favorite level of doneness - fall-off-the bone tender or with a little bit of chew.
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 3 hrs. 25 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs (5-6 lbs. total)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 300°F. Pull silver skin from back of ribs if it hasn't been removed; cut each rack into 3 sections. In small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except barbecue sauce; sprinkle rub over both sides of ribs and pat in.
- Cut 4 pieces, 24”x18", of heavy duty foil; stack 2 together. On each stack of foil, place 3 rib sections, meaty side up. Add 2 tablespoons of water to each packet.
- Fold over long edges of foil, making a double fold seal. Fold in ends. Place in oven and bake 2-3 hours, depending on desired doneness.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Remove ribs from packets and place on large tray. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the liquid from one of the packets and 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce; brush over all surfaces of ribs.
- Place ribs on grill, meaty side down; grill 5 minutes or until browned. Turn over and rotate for even cooking and browning, grilling for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, and until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Ribs can be baked ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before grilling, adding about 5 minutes of grill time.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 950, Calories from Fat 490, Total Fat 54g (83% DV), Saturated Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 335mg (112% DV), Sodium 1980mg (82% DV), Carbohydrates 22g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 17g, Protein 89g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 25%.