Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
Spread the love (and sweet treats!) in a handmade Woven Heart Treat Bag. It’s very simple, although it does require a bit of precision. Your Valentine will know your gift is from the heart.
- Printable template
- Colored cardstock in two different colors
- Glue stick or tape
- Ribbon (optional)
- Sweet treats or small gifts
- Print the template onto two different sheets of colored cardstock. Two pieces will create two hearts.
- Cut out each oval template.
- Fold the oval template in half and cut along the lines. Repeat with the second oval.
- Align two folded oval halves at a 90 degree angle to create a heart.
- Begin weaving the first strip through the opening in the opposing color and continue with an outside-inside pattern.
- Do the same with the second strip, alternating the starting color.
- Repeat the weaving with the third and fourth strip.
- Glue or tape a ribbon or strip of cardstock at the point of the heart to create a handle.
- Fill with yummy treats!